LISTING: Tax Manager with CPA
Our client, a full-service accounting, tax, and business consulting firm, is searching for a tax manager. In this role, you will review multi-state individual tax returns and work with the Directors to develop client relationships, provide proactive tax planning and consulting throughout the year.
Review returns prepared by tax preparers
- Research and propose resolution to technical tax matters
- Complete income tax projections and quarterly estimates
- Demonstrate effective project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members
- Maintain involvement in all aspects of client relationships
- Provide supervision and on-the-job training to tax preparers
- Participate in staff performance evaluations and provide verbal and written feedback
- Develop the ability to recognize tax issues, business problems and expanded service opportunities with existing clients
- Participate in governmental tax examinations; represent the client before the appropriate taxing authorities.
Education and Experience:
- At least 10+ years of experience preparing and reviewing complex individual tax returns
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Hold current CPA license
- Hold or working towards an advanced degree (MST or JD with Tax Emphasis)
- Knowledge of multi-state tax filings, hedge funds, PTP’s and other higher-level skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word, CCH Axcess, tax-planning software and cloud-based tax research software.
If you or anyone you know of is interested in this position, please email all resumes to us for immediate consideration.