JOB LISTING: Bookkeeper with Insurance agency experience, Schaumburg, IL
Our client, a full-service insurance agency, is seeking a full-time or part time bookkeeper with TAM software insurance experience. You must have a minimum of 3 years of accounting experience in a property & casualty insurance agency
This position is responsible for accounting related transactions, reconciliations and other services while working in conjunction with other staff members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with carriers to obtain statements
- Process and allocate monthly commissions
- Complete General Ledger reconciliations
- Adhere to all systems, procedures, and insurance company regulations
- Prepare Carrier Checks & Manage Vendor Payables
- Bank Statement Reconciliation
- Accounts Receivable/Deposit Posting
- GL Review and Monthly Reports
- Calculate Producer Commissions
- Payroll Posting
- Direct Bill Processing
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
3+ years general accounting background required in a Property & Casualty Insurance Agency.
Computer Skills: Excellent PC skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
TAM software experience is highly preferred
Knowledge of any agency management systems is a plus
Must be organized, detail oriented, and efficient with excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to effectively work with others and a problem-solving skills. A positive, team-oriented attitude is necessary to deal with a large variety of personalities
If you are interested, qualified and available please send resume to us for immediate consideration.